Ace IT Solutions are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our expanding IT services company. The engineer will join our technical team in providing IT support and services to small and medium sized businesses across Nottingham, Derby and the wider East Midlands.
This is a varied role which will involve remote support, onsite and project work.
Based at our canal-side offices just 5 minutes from Junction 26 of the M1 this is a great opportunity to work with the latest technology.
Requirements and Skills
Desired technical skills
- Microsoft Windows server and Exchange
- Office 365 and cloud technologies
- Strong networking, TCP/IP and VPN skills
- Setup and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers and switches
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Virtualization platforms such as HyperV and VMware
- Good time keeping and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritise
- Good analytical skills with a methodical work manner
- Friendly, outgoing personality; this is just as important as technical skills
- Working in support for a number of years within a multi-client or multi-site environment
- Calm under pressure
- Can work individually or as part of a team
- Good communication skills at both a technical and end user level
- Full driving licence
IT Support Engineer Summary
Responsibilities and duties
Helping our clients with their IT problems via email, telephone and remote-control tools
Onsite and remote project work
2nd/3rd line support
Responding to alerts generated by our proactive monitoring tools
Using various DR and backup technologies to restore files and servers locally and in the cloud
Advising clients on IT security and spotting trends in IT requests and faults.
Salary dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
Office hours 08:00 – 18:00. A rota system operates within these hours
Training on the latest technologies that we use and support
Please send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please